Monday, 25 July 2011

Autumn's blanket

This blanket seems to have taken forever to finish. I started it when I was six months pregnant and finally finished it last week when my daughter Autumn was 4 weeks old. I hadn't originally planned to embrioder around the moss stitch hearts and the letter A, but after doing the back stitch embroidery on the keychain chicken, I decided to give it a go and I'm so glad I did as I think it makes it stand out more.  I had originally planned on lining the back of the blanket so I wouldn't have to weave in all the ends of the embroidery, but as the knitted fabric is so stretchy, it wasn't working for me, so I ended up going back and weaving all the ends in after all.  I used King Cole Smooth yarn which knits up really well.  My sister is now trying to convince me to knit one for her daughter Abigail, but after how long it took for me to knit it, she has no chance, sorry Cheryl.  Also I quite like the idea of it being unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment